Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Origin Stories *revisited*


On January fourth I'm flying to Edmonton to install a solo show that has been lying dormant since 2012. When I originally made this work I had big dreams to get it in a gallery right away. However, I was still in the 'pre-emerging' phase of my career. I have a collection of rejection letters from several galleries for 'Origin Stories'. I packed the work away and decided to move on. Five years later (two years after I sent the last proposal for this show) I received an invitation to show the work! 

The last month has been filled with thrift store shopping sprees, creative problem solving with mylar displays, finding friends to cut glass and plexi, photocopying old photographs and scrambling for last minute shipping options. Twenty-three days left!


A double sided painting! There are two sides to every story.


No comments:

Post a Comment