Most days I feel like I have a pretty good flow in the studio. I experiment and take risks in my art and it usually works (don't ask me how). I seem to have a good intuition when it comes to making instinctual artistic decisions.
Today I tanked.
For the past two weeks I was painting liquid latex onto found objects so I could make glove molds for beeswax candle sculptures. It should be easy, right? Youtube lied.
List of wrongs:
-I almost started a fire melting wax in a fake pyrex dish in the microwave. The glass broke and I lost a good amount of wax because of the glass shards (beeswax is expensive!)
-I peeled the rubber mold off my objects too early. I should have painted at least two or three more layers
-I tore holes in the mold
-When I finally poured the hot wax in, it melted the rubber!!!
So no candles yet. Instead I made a very strange, mysterious sculpture out of the reject latex. I might show you pictures one day.